Sunday, April 1, 2012

New Diet!

You might have read my post about the new exercise plan and diet me and Joe started. We began eating a healthy, balanced diet, and exercising pretty much every day. Joe had to eat veggies. It was pretty cool.

Well, we've stuck to the eating plan for two months now, except for the cheat days on my birthday and on our 2/3rds-of-the-way-done day and a couple of fast food days. We're still trudging along in our exercise programs, too. I just started exercising again today after the two-week break I took to rest my knees before my last month of the program. Honestly, working out today was terrible. But I'm not giving up now that I've come so far!

Yesterday when I was supposed to be doing the dishes, I read about a new cleansing eating plan that I think will really help us both with our last month of workouts. I was so excited that we actually started it last night. On this plan, you're only allowed to eat one food...for three weeks straight. They give you a list of foods you can choose from to get the results you want: Shrimp to build extra muscle, broccoli to lose weight extra quickly, oranges for much healthier skin, and plain yogurt for overall cleansing and health. I don't really like oranges that much, and I really don't like plain yogurt, so I'm trying the three weeks with broccoli. Of course I'll be buying tons of shrimp for Joe.

The diet is supposed to make you feel rejuvenated because your body doesn't have to do as much work to digest a bunch of different types of food. I'd imagine it also makes you feel VERY grateful for that variety, too, once the three weeks is up!

It'll be hard to only have the same thing every day for three weeks. Especially at breakfast. I sure missed my turkey bacon this morning. Joe's going to have to eat soooo much shrimp. I think I'd actually like the broccoli, but I'd get so tired of shrimp.


Wish us luck!




...and watch out for April Fool's Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment