Monday, August 29, 2011

IT'S HERE!!!

When I traveled the Oregon Trail in a covered wagon to get to Korea from Virginia, all I could bring with me were my most precious belongings and the things I'd need for my new life in the wild west. I was allowed only what would fit into two suitcases and two carryons and my purse. Also, I had to keep within a weight limit. I brought one Teflon skillet, one Teflon pot, half of our silverware, steak knives, a cheese grater, some measuring cups, a vegetable strainer, a cookie sheet, some silicone bread pans, my large crockpot, some tongs, four bathtowels, five books, my Bible, a book of puzzles, twelve pounds of DVDs, a set of bedsheets, not enough clothing, a keyboard, a mouse, and some computer speakers. I was not, however, able to bring our photo albums, my sewing machine, any lamps, enough clothing, or my desktop computer.

Now, the computer thing wouldn't have been that big of a deal if I could play computer games on my laptop. Unfortunately, I can't play computer games on my laptop, because Lappy prefers lounging around on Facebook and browsing the Web to doing all the hard work involved in playing silly games.

I would've been okay with that. Except that, for me and Joe, games kinda put the "happily" in "happily ever after."

For the past month, I've seen what life would be like if I didn't share my husband's hobbies. It would be frustrating and boring and full of resentment. I'd spend our evenings lounging around on Facebook and browsing the Web after sulkily making dinner while Joe played games, then we'd watch laptop-TV together after dinner and go to bed. It would be a dull, depressing, hopeless existence.

But! Shortly after I arrived here, Joe ordered a new computer for me. We decided not to ship the old one to Korea, because I hadn't gotten an upgrade for, like, two years, and it was just time for a new one. So Joe ordered it and I've been waiting for weeks and it finally came today. (If you want the specs, scroll down to the bottom of the post. If you don't, I'll simplify: it's encrusted with diamonds and was designed by NASA to break the speed of light barrier.)

I'm downloading my games and other necessities right now. Once that's done, no more Facebook and resentment for me! The upcoming 4-day weekend be a glorious nerd-fest of diamond-encrusted marital bliss!


Remember, flashing the peace sign in a photo is Korean for "I'm cool."
The small print: CybertronPC Fortress TGM2221F Gaming PC - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.20GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, Blu-ray ROM, AMD Radeon HD 6850, LCD Touch Fan Control, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I need to get Alex that. He is outdated compared to u now. Cute place! Love your blogs. Enjoy your weekend of gaming. Love to u both! Whitney

    ReplyDelete